Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovro

Hello!
Alright, first, I'm not sure whether I came to the right place to post this question, but here it goes...
I don't know much (anything) about electronics, and since English isn't my native language I know even less, but I'd like to buy myself a few things, and I am now wondering if they are compatible, so I'd appreciate any help..
So, what I'd like to buy is a battery charger...this one in particular:
**broken link removed**
But what I want to be able to do is, to be able to charge it (so it can charge batteries) with some kind of a solar charger, like this one:
https://www.solio.com/charger/explore-solio/what-is-solio.html
I hike and go camping alot, so i would like to have something that can charge my batteries in the wilderness, so that's the idea, to use the Solio charger to charge the Alpha battery charger to charge some rechargeable batteries :)
Now, Im confused, because for the Solio, it says it comes with all the various tips and cables, and now I don' really know what does exactly are, so Im not sure whether SOlio charger could be able to charge the Alpha charger, i.e. to charge something that is usually charged from the wall socket.
And there is another option, Solio comes with some kind of USB cables, so would it maybe be at least able to use the Solio with USB tip and then somehow buy female (?) USB tip and plug it into the Alpha battery charger and then connect SOlio and Alpha chargers :)
ALright, I hope you understood what I wanted to ask, so I'd appreciate any help, tips and advice..
Thanks!

Sadly not available in the shops..the ALCO Steam Generator Battery Charger
**broken link removed**

Could make for an interesting project.

And if you have only 8 hours of sunlight, you may want to calc. if these solar cells can recharge batteries of your amp-hour capacity within the time you need.

The charger people are upfront with their specs, the solar people less so.

From another thread, a solar cell with 6v output and 100Ω internal resistance can only supply 60 mA max current and maybe 100 mW average charging power. For 8 hours of direct sunlight this is ~500 mAh of energy, max.

I'd look for a hand-generator/capacitor/charger or flywheel/generator/charger combination, then use the energy you stored in 5 minutes to charge the batteries over a longer period, say 8 hrs.

You could almost hook one of these
**broken link removed**
directly to your batteries.

The sun is at its brightest at noon on the equator of earth. The output current from a solar panel is at its highest with it pointing directly at the sun.
For any other time or condition the current from a solar panel is much less.
It might take one week to charge a battery, not just one day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back