Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandra999777

hey i want my battery charger ckt to indicate that the battery is charged by glowing an led or any other means.what extra components should be required for the normal charging ckt in order to indicate that it has charged.

More information required!...SLA? NiCad? NiMH? Li?...Voltages? Currents?
How about posting a schematic of you battery charger.

Ken

Hi,

Two things

a) If it is for a lead acid battery (automotive) then the attached circuit is the charger that I have built and it works like a dream. When the battery is charged the LED flickers. However I prefer something more readable.

b) If you have a circuit already or a charger already built then do what I have done with my charger. Include a panel mount volt meter and amp meter. The state of charge can be determined from this. On a flat battery the voltage should be at ~ 13.8V and the charging current current will be at whatever the charger delivers. As the charging current drops the voltage lifts. On a battery ~55Ah and in good condition the current will drop to about 0.5A .... the battery can be considered fully charged.

If the circuit interests you I can send you the article.

Cheers
Andrew

my charging ckt is for ni-cd battery.im asking because previously i had a charger which indicates as red when it is charging ,orange when it is partially charged ,green when fully charged.so i am very eager to practically do it by myself in order to monitor the battery condition.

my charging ckt is for ni-cd battery.im asking because previously i had a charger which indicates as red when it is charging ,orange when it is partially charged ,green when fully charged.so i am very eager to practically do it by myself in order to monitor the battery condition.voltage 6v.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back