Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend said that her sister's phone melted into the carpet while being charged :lol:

LOL bye bye carpet i gues. :lol:

Oh yea and dont be stupid and saw a liium batery a part.Since litium is an alkaine metal wich means it will try to get bound oxigen no mater what.

Did you see on barinac wen they put Posatium (also an alkaine) in a washing machine.It bown the washing machens top off. :lol:

That's what I used to make something that caught fire when it became dry. Potassium-iodide plus something. If I ever remember the other ingredient, I won't tell. It's dangerous stuff. :p

Someone Electro said:
I think alumimium and iodine react quite violenty.

Yes, I mentioned in a previous thread, both powdered as fine as possible, mix together 50/50 - apply a drop of water and you get huge clouds of purple smoke, and enough heat to melt steel 8)

How did this thread get off-topic into a discussion about methods of torture? :?: :?: :?:
Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

Nigel Goodwin said:
audioguru said:
The ships were made of magnesium and caught on fire!
They didn't burn when they were wet on their journey down there.

Bit of inaccuracy!, some parts were made of lightweight alloys, some of which included magnesium and aluminium.

No body would build anything of magnesium!, if nothing else it's too expensive :lol:

BTW, WW1 and WW2 ships had no trouble burning either!.

I guess Magnisium is used to maintain electro potential difference between Fe and Mg so that Fe does not rust. Mg is corroded in course of time and has to be replaced.

By the way, zachtheterrible, did you see a ripple on top of a 12v DC? What is the amplitude of the ripple(peak to peak) once the DC is filtered out?

Is the rippling necessary only to keep the batt. cool and yet supply lot of current?

lord loh. said:
I guess Magnisium is used to maintain electro potential difference between Fe and Mg so that Fe doed not rust. Mg is corroded in course of time and has to be replaced.
That's a good idea! :lol:
The difference between the metals caused the whole ship to be an electrolytic battery with the ocean as the electrolyte. It won't run out of ocean for a very long time so you could call it perpetual motion.

I think magnesium was used because of its light weight. Those ships are very fast. :lol:

Nobody could afford a ship made of titanium.
Some American fighter jet planes have a lot of titanium in them. They cost a small fortune.
Formula-1 racing cars have titanium bits and pieces.
I think the frames of my new glasses are made of titanium.
My wifey has some titanium jewellry.

Most stuff with a "ium" suffix burn violently. Does titanium burn?

The Americans use aluminum. The Brits use aluminium. Is there a difference? :?:

A Canadian beer can made of cardboard and held together with duck tape? Hee, hee.
I had a volume control with a metric measured shaft and a knob measured imperically. They were too loose. So I cut a shim from an aluminum Coke can and it filled the gap perfectly. :lol:

Yesterday I asked the guy demo'ing 3M products if he had a good tape for my heating ducts. He pointed to a new clear one that was stuck very well to his table!
I asked why it is clear. He said it is good to mend car seats or anything coloured. The sun or heat doesn't bother it.

Just think how much is wasted (but they melt the waste and re-use it) when they extrude heatsinks! :lol:

audioguru said:
Just think how much is wasted (but they melt the waste and re-use it) when they extrude heatsinks! :lol:

I don't quite understand that?.

I live about 3 miles from a LARGE aluminium extrusion plant (SAPA), and have a lot of friends who work there - apparently blocks of cold aluminium are simply forced through the extrusion 'nozzles' under pressure.

Pretty impressive really!.

I had a Coke can burst in my car. I think maybe I didn't see it at night and stepped on it. I complained to Coke and they paid for a complete professional expensive "detailing" cleaning of my car inside and out! :lol:
In my 44 years of driving I never paid for detailing.

The car became cleaner than new but the steering wheel was very slippery. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back