Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

battery charger LP3876, how to regulate current?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s_pics

hello Im trying to build a solar battery charger, for 2-4 AA cell and my I-pod nano, I was planning to use a LDO voltage regulator LP3876, I have a flexible solar panel rated 7.2 V 200mA. My battery are rated 2200 mAh and the i-pod use a 3.7V 400mAh cell. I'm trying to limitate the current going thru the cell, but I cant really figure out how to achieve this, any body have a clue.

it is a 5 terminal voltage regulator ( Vin, Vout, -SD, Adj, GND)

or maybe a zener

would it be easier to use a zener to regulate the voltage and the current would be regulated by the load resistance.

I was already thinkng of using a zener in series with a LED to monitor the charge level in the cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back