Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

battery charger disconnect when it become fully charge

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does not use an opamp or comparator so how can it detect a fully charged voltage and current?

https://upload.qariya.info/images/qariya-0491977706.png works for me on Google translator

Well Brother .... it works like this.

SCR on the right determines if rectified voltage is high enough and if not, SCR on the LEFT fires till next zero crossing to charge up 0.1F Cap with R3= 47 Ohms

Not very well regulated or efficient but better than brute force bridge with dynamic load regulation errors of 40%

I like my design better along the same lines, since it uses low ESR 1mF rather than high ESR 100mF.

upload_2015-8-29_18-24-7-png.93975

THis was 60Hz 170Vp
For 50Hz it would be 230 * √2 =Vp line input
Change 100K depending on bridge Voltage to get 3Vp to drive current to SCR trigger voltage of 1.3V from 2K

Choice of SCR with sensitive gate for input current is assumed capable of 10x average output current rating for pulse charging.

This could be used for physically isolated LEDs 100W, 1A arrays or as pre-regulator

https://upload.qariya.info/images/qariya-0491977706.png works for me on Google translator

Well Brother .... it works like this.

SCR on the right determines if rectified voltage is high enough and if not, SCR on the LEFT fires till next zero crossing to charge up 0.1F Cap with R3= 47 Ohms

Not very well regulated or efficient but better than brute force bridge with dynamic load regulation errors of 40%

I like my design better along the same lines, since it uses low ESR 1mF rather than high ESR 100mF.

upload_2015-8-29_18-24-7-png.93975

THis was 60Hz 170Vp
For 50Hz it would be 230 * √2 =Vp line input
Change 100K depending on bridge Voltage to get 3Vp to drive current to SCR trigger voltage of 1.3V from 2K

Choice of SCR with sensitive gate for input current is assumed capable of 10x average output current rating for pulse charging.

This could be used for physically isolated LEDs 100W, 1A arrays or as pre-regulator
i think if i apply 170v vp the bridge will burn

What is the voltage of the battery being charged?

If 12Vdc, then the source of the AC must come from a transformer that puts out about 15VACrms.

i think if i apply 170v vp the bridge will burn
you could run 230V * 1.4 in my cct. but scale passive parts to suit requirements to limit temperature rise and use bridge to handle average current.

Naturally you would never use 100mF at 350V capacitors for this design.

All Linear regulators even with SCR's are problematic at high power due to large pk/average current ratio and large ripple current in caps. In this case you would step down and charge a battery string.

Get with the program on SMPS buck regulators or pulse chargers to battery storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back