Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery charger cum active circuit driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

yagtoby

I have a CMOS circuit which draws 15 mA maximum and supply voltage is 6V DC and the circuit works fine upto 5 V DC.
As of now, the 6V DC is from a step down Transformer (220VAC/6V AC) and rectifier circuit.
I would like to have a battery back-up for the CMOS circuit due to 220V AC power break-downs.
I have seen a few battery back-up ckts and am not able to locate a circuit which charges the battery and simultaneously drive the CMOS circuit.

Could somebody provide me a circuit. As for as batteries, which type of batteries viz. NimH,Ni-Cd.... would be ideal.

regards,
yagtoby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back