Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery Characteristics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overclocked

I remember reading an article about batteries some where (maybe here or else where), but this characteristic some batteries have, and I dont know what its called. But they exbit the following effect, (from memory) "When batteries seem like they are dead, they actually have some charge in them that will only last for a short period" Ie, A Dead 1.5V will be seen as .9V or lower, however, it can still supply 1.5V for a short period of time.

What is this called? Ive noticed that my Boost converter Will start up even though when I measure battery voltage, my meters reads .620V! The IC itself requires .9V to start up, but can stay operational down to .7V,

Last edited:
It's roughly comparable to dielectric absorption in a capacitor. I'd call it surface charge but that's something that occurs on peak charged batteries rather than dead ones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back