Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery 12Volt

Status
Not open for further replies.
chemelec said:
YES it will damage your battery.

You are Better to use a LOWER Current, than Too Much Current.

This Simple Charger would also work for you:
**broken link removed**

And Looking in my Junk Box, I have one Already Built up.
It is a Prototype I Built long ago, but it is Tested and Works.

I could Send to you, For FREE, Other than the Postage Cost to Mail it to you.

Unfortunately, that would Cost you $15.00 in US Funds.

Gary

Hi Chemelec,
I feel, it is the capacity of the charger, and it could always be possible to to get any load current upto 3Amps. Thus the O.P may be able to use it by reducing the current to the baty makers spec.

mvs sarma said:
Hi Chemelec,
I feel, it is the capacity of the charger, and it could always be possible to to get any load current upto 3Amps. Thus the O.P may be able to use it by reducing the current to the baty makers spec.

If that Charger Puts out 3 Amps at maximum and the Battery is Low, the battery will DRAW 3 Amps.

** Not a good situation for a battery that is only supposed to charge at 2.1 Amps maximum.

It would Definately Reduce the Battery life.

Anyway, I can send him this charger I have, Not Problem as I have no use for it.
And I have now converted it to the 220 Volts input as needed in Egypt.
It will put out about 1 Amp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back