Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Batteries 12v, and ampere usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonTHK

Hello electro techies

So I have these 2 x 12v lead acid 63 ah batteries in series for 24v.
They run a DC motor.
The motor eats 23 ampere with load.

Would that battery setup deliver runtime enough for roughly 2,73 hours?
63/23= 2,73

Thanks in advance

I agree with you.
The battery can deliver 63 ah. The load is 23a. So the answer should be more than 2 hours but less than 3 hours. (math in my head)

What you will actually get depends on the Peukert factor of the battery.
http://www.csgnetwork.com/batterylifecalc.html
For a lead–acid battery
8ce4b16b22b58894aa86c421e8759df3.png
is typically between 1.1 and 1.3. For different lead-acid rechargeable battery technologies it generally ranges from 1.05 to 1.15 for VRSLAB AGM batteries, from 1.1 to 1.25 for gel, and from 1.2 to 1.6 for flooded batteries.[2] The Peukert constant varies with the age of the battery, generally increasing (getting worse) with age.
Wiki Peukert's Law page.

http://www.smartgauge.co.uk/peukert2.html

Last edited:
Hello electro techies

So I have these 2 x 12v lead acid 63 ah batteries in series for 24v.
They run a DC motor.
The motor eats 23 ampere with load.

Would that battery setup deliver runtime enough for roughly 2,73 hours?
63/23= 2,73

Thanks in advance

I recon you would get around an hour, maybe less. Also if your batteries are standard car (auto) types, the will not last long. You need deep discharge types as designed for boats, campers etc.

spec

In many cases, A-hr ratings are for about ten hour discharge (c/10). Discharge at higher rate and the A-hr capacity goes down significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back