Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bassmaster XM200t Fuse keeps blowing up everytime I change it

Status
Not open for further replies.

accesspoint2007

Hi,

Can somebody please guide me where to start to fix my Bass amp? I am a tech guy and understands electronics terms and theory. I can fix electronic devices mostly on a module level but can also fix some obvious component defects such as burnt resistor or leaky capacitors.

I know for a fact that fuse blows up due to overloading or too much current. I don't have a schematic diagram of the amp but let me know what info should I provide to start with.

Thanks!

Perry

Yes Nigel I already did that and the fuse still blows. So I assume there might be some short on the primary side or might be a faulty transformer. I'm gonna isolate the problem again later as i didn't have much time to tinker with it lately. I will let you know of the results.

Thanks for your help guys! My bassmaster has come back to life. I Isolated tha transformer and found out a part of the transformer coil touching the chassis causing a short circuit. I removed the transformer and put proper insulation. Again thank you Nigel for your time, effort and willingness to help and for vtech for providing the schematic diagram which made it easier for me to troubleshoot the problem. God bless you!

Perry

Thanks for your help guys! My bassmaster has come back to life. I Isolated tha transformer and found out a part of the transformer coil touching the chassis causing a short circuit. I removed the transformer and put proper insulation. Again thank you Nigel for your time, effort and willingness to help and for vtech for providing the schematic diagram which made it easier for me to troubleshoot the problem. God bless you!

Perry

Hi Perry

You are in a good place here at ETO. The Mods here are chosen not for their Moderation abilities only.....but rather a combination of both Technical and Moderation abilities.

Technical ability is first and foremost though.

That is why this Forum is and always will be on the cutting edge for accurate technical info.

I just had to say this because there are so many places out there on the WWW where you will get people guessing for answers to help.

Not here.

We only speak the truth.

Seeing your Bassmaster has come back to life through Nigel's guidance...why not learn more?

Stick around. And learn ;)

Regards,
tvtech

I had a traynor mixer amp for a while, I think they are canadian.

I only used it as a mixer as the built in amp had fried darlington o/p devices which even traynor couldnt supply.

I sold it to someone who got one of these omp amp modules and fitted that to it, works wll now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back