Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bass Amp Mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrow754

I am the owner of a carlsbro bass bomber 125 watt bass amp, is it possible to mod the EQ circuit or any other part to make it sound better for not that much money?

I am the owner of a carlsbro bass bomber 125 watt bass amp, is it possible to mod the EQ circuit or any other part to make it sound better for not that much money?

Sure, simple, if you can give a clear specification of what 'better' is and also define how much actual money 'not much' is. ;) Engineering types like to work with measurable specifications. However many wine tasters and musicians on the other hand, like a lot of wiggle room in their specifications.

Lefty

Last edited:
Not that much money would be less that less that £120
Better would be somthing that did not sound flat and kill the tone of my fender jazz, clear and round bottom end.

Not that much money would be less that less that £120
Better would be somthing that did not sound flat and kill the tone of my fender jazz, clear and round bottom end.

Sorry to be negative, but Carlsboro amps are usually pretty good - more likely it's a problem with your playing technique, or you need new strings.

My daughter's an excellent bass player, and any of her three (cheap) electric basses sound great through anything - including the 10W practice amp that came with her first bass. She's also used a 60W Fender keyboard amp for gigs as well, which also sounded gret - but mostly she uses a 120W Behringer combo.

Unless there's something faulty in your amp, I suspect that's not the problem - do you have another amp you could try playing through?.

I used a hartke 100watt combo at a friends house a few days ago and the sound was much better

If the Carlsboro a combo?, if not what speaker are you using?.

Did you know that Carlsboro actually have a forum of their own, with technical advice on their products - I should have the URL at home somewhere?.

Carlsboro are actually based only a few miles from me.

Quick google

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back