Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Basic voltmeter with 7-segment display using A/D converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaleen

Hi, I started designing and simulating my project :idea: , consisting in a basic voltmeter made with op-amps connected to an A/D converter whose outputs are connected to a 74LS47 Decoder and this to a 7-segments display (does anyone get confused :? ?? see the image attached :wink: )...
but....the simulation in workbench doesn't work, really i don't know how to connect the A/D converter :( and i don't know if i have something else wrong connected or missing or what's happening :( ...could anybody help me with this :?: :?:... :cry: ...

Attachments

• 1_857.gif
    1_857.gif
    8.9 KB · Views: 808
Without going through your whole circuit, there is one thing I do not understand and one that I think is wrong. I dont understand what that big box with the -5 from the inverting input to ground is for.

On the output of the ADC, it seems that you are only using the bottom 4 bits of the ADC. It is an 8bit devices so your voltage steps are going to be between 5/(2^8) = 20mV (about). That means you can read up to 140mv and then you get 0. It seems what you have is a system that shows the Voltage modulo 160mV. I doubt this is what you are after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back