Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Basic project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getrag

I am doing a basic project for someone I know and I'm looking for some tips for the electronics.
I have little experience with microcontrollers, the only experience I have is using the "Handyboard" for a mechatronics project while doing mechanical engineering in school.
The program I would prefer to use is C.

The project is basicaly i will have a motor running a device (it will be powered separatly using motor speed controller) and i'll need 2 or 3 optical interrupt sensors counting when they are tripped. when they reach a certain number I want it to shut off a switch that is inline from the motor speed controller to the motor itself. (turning off the motor)
I would like to power the microcontroller with just a 6-12V dc converter that i can plug in.
Basic LCD display would be nice, to see the number of interrupts.

Would something like the AVR butterfly work well for this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back