Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Basic & ISIS sim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosaic

Hi guys,

Is there a procedure to simulate OSHONSOFT BASIC debugging in ISIS? I'd like to set code breakpoints etc and track variables. Or do I have to 'read' the assembler routines represented by the BASIC instructions?

i am running an app. that uses a serial to parallel 4 digit 7 segment LED display chip and I can't simulate that chip in Oshonsoft.

Last edited:
After compiling, all you need to do is open isis and load the hex file generated by oshonsoft and run after all connection. Is there any other problem?

I use ISIS and after the oshonsoft compile (I use compile & load) keep the watch var's window open and transfer varables to ISIS watch window, if you create a running varable i.e. "Dim codeWatch as word" and increment after each line (just for debug puposes) you can set that varable to stop / pause ISIS on change in the watch window so you can have good debugging.

Thats how I do it. I am working on a COFF convertor but it's taking me some time.

Cheers Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back