Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Basic Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark_3094

Hi,

I am fairly new to electronics, and I have been making notes to try to help myself understand it all better.
The idea is that if I write notes that I can use to explain the concepts to someone else, it will test how much I really know.
I have attached my really basic 'introduction to electronics' notes to this message.

I'm hoping that someone could have a read over it, and tell me if I've made any errors, misconceptions, etc, or just plain left out too much.

Thanks for the help and advice everyone!

Attachments

• Basic Circuitry.doc
    70.5 KB · Views: 467
hi,:)

Look thru this edited doc, Im sure other changes maybe required.

Ohm's law applies to electrical circuits;
t states that the current through a conductor between two points is directly proportional to the potential difference or voltage across the two points, and inversely proportional to the resistance between them.

Attachments

• Basic Circuitry1.doc
    67.5 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
And a few comments from me.
JimB

Attachments

• Basic Circuitry2.doc
    70.5 KB · Views: 203
Thanks. There are some good changes in there.
It's amazing how much more can be learned by trying to explain it.
With those changes made, I'm going to try explaining it to someone else.

Would anyone mind if I posted more notes like this for refinement in future?

Edit:
I have added notes for resistors here:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back