Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Basic electronics Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.

yasir_ali

Hello everyone,
i am unable to afford to get admited in any institute to get education that's why i just downloaded a course plan of electronics from Google and want to go through that course plan. and along with that i need labs. so please people attended the university or college and have the labs with them so please give me all the Labs of course Basic Electronics.

Thanks

yasir_ali,

i am unable to afford to get admited in any institute to get education that's why i just downloaded a course plan of electronics from Google and want to go through that course plan. and along with that i need labs. so please people attended the university or college and have the labs with them so please give me all the Labs of course Basic Electronics.

Let me get this straight. You cannot afford the cost for an admission application, and certainly not the tuition. But you want to do a parallel "attendance" with someone who is going to a university, and taking a lab course in "basic electronics". So do you have a lab somewhere that can compare to the hundreds and even thousands of dollars of lab equipment available to a university student? Does the student have the time and energy it would have to take to send you the handouts and other materials, plus coach you through the assignments. Have you considered that no lab instructor can help you set up the experiments. And at the end, there will be no academic credit for whatever you do. Although universites might call their courses "basic", they really start out at the intermediate level. Any decent college expects the student to already know the rudimentary basics like math and simple circuits if they are teaching electrical engineering. What I am saying is, your scheme is impractical, and you would be wise to consider some other method of self-study.

Ratch

Many people cannot afford a good education. So they get a part-time job and a bank loan to pay for it.

Hello everyone,

Thanks

Hello there,

If you tell us what and where you downloaded the course perhaps we can check it out too and help you to some degree. You do have to realize though that if you want to do any "Labs" that you may have to buy some electronic parts at some point and probably some test equipment. It also depends how far you want to go, that is, what exactly you want to learn.

If you are really that interested then i would be glad to help. Show me where you downloaded the course and i'll take a look and let you know what will be involved.

@Ratchit
i have took some time priod but completed my lab at my home. i have downloaded a schematic of a power supply. now my power supply can supply +12,-12,+5,-5 and variable from 0v to 25vDC. i have got breadboard,and i've already got some resistor,capacitor,Transistors and other components and i have a pc Oscilloscope and function generator and what else is needed in a lab? tell me, i will try to add in my lab.
@MrAl
i am including the course plan which i am gonna use. there are 2 files. the 1st i am start at first and the 2nd one will be next.

What do think? i am going on a fine way?

Attachments

• 1st.pdf
    110.3 KB · Views: 223
  • 2nd.pdf
    476.2 KB · Views: 530
That's just a course summary - it doesn't actually teach you anything. You really need a teacher (or an excellent book and lots of motivation) if you want to learn any of it - lists of what to learn won't help at all.

Andrew

yasir_ali,

The first attachment appears to be a syllabus from a technical school. That is fine, for guiding you, but not for teaching you anything.

The second attachment seems to be a syllabus from a university. It will take you seveal years to master all those courses, especially the mathematics and all the material in the books they list. Again, telling you what you need to know is different than teaching it to you.

Why not just buy a good book or two of medium difficulty about some pertinent subject and study that? Try to get a book with answers to the problems, so you know if you are doing things correctly. I suggest starting out with mathematics.

You might also want to view the free lectures from Stanford University on YouTube **broken link removed** . MIT also publishes free lectures. Google for it and see.

Ratch

Last edited:
RE:

why not get a part time job, so you can pay for the tuition..its simpler that way, you probably have some friends who are in a similar situation....

Students today don't work. They are lazy.
My local newpaper is not delivered anymore because students do not want to be paid to do it.
Snow is not shoveled from senior people's driveways because students do not want to be paid to do it.

actually i told that, i am doing part time job. because of that i became able to make my own Lab. and still able to carry my studies ahead.

actually i told that, i am doing part time job. because of that i became able to make my own Lab. and still able to carry my studies ahead.

Hello again,

I have to applaud you there and wish you all the best of luck with the course. If you are that interested in this subject you will find a way, i know that for sure.

For the maths, have you had any calculus or algebra or trig yet?

Last edited:
@MrAl
i know basic mathametics and calculaus. But not differenr types of transforms serieses.
which book should i follow that can teach me all the mathematics with detail according to electronics.

Thanks

@MrAl
i know basic mathametics and calculaus. But not differenr types of transforms serieses.
which book should i follow that can teach me all the mathematics with detail according to electronics.

Thanks

hi,

This may help.
**broken link removed**

and
http://www.freebookcentre.net/SpecialCat/Free-Mathematics-Books-Download.html

or
**broken link removed**

free online maths video's
http://www.learnerstv.com/course.php?cat=Maths
you may need this to view the vids.
http://www.learnerstv.com/video/novideo.php

http://www.free-ed.net/free-ed/Navigation/Level01/01_Mathematics.asp

Last edited:
Hello Guys,
i think "Engineering mathematics by croft Anthany" is very good for me. so please ceck the contents of the book and tell me.

Thanks

Hello yasir_ali
The following link will lead to the US Navy training course: **broken link removed**. 24 modules free for downloads (total 56 MB)...will be good quality stuff. Any mathematics topics are available from wikibooks, again free of charge.
I commend you for your determination to educate yourself and you have my best wishes for success.
I hope your computer speed is sufficient for this task also your internet connection.

Best regards Phil

@ filbo
Thanks for your help But the link you send me is not opening. may be blocked outside U.S.
i know Basic derivatives, AntiiDerivatives (Intigration) ,But these days i am improving my derivations to higher order and Fousing on the book i named above. becausue i know mathematics But never Got that why this complex mathematics is important for Electronics? so the book i believe is making a bridge between Mathematics and Electronics (Circuiuts). so can you please tell me or convence me that why this complex mathemtics is important is important and where it is used? you can understand what i want to say?

Thanks

Getting back to the question of labs, here's one idea. Download free circuit simulation software such as LTSpice ( used by many members here ) Use that for the labs. Not the same as actual "hands on" but better than nothing. The more you read and learn about electronics, the more accurate circuit models you can make and use them for learning circuits in depth. You can also make some of your lab equipment, or buy used/surplus. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Last edited:
And please do me 1 more favour that. one of my friends in china send me an oscilloscope. check out the link and check if my oscilloscope is good for me or not? please i am very new to it so please check it carefully Thanks.

**broken link removed**

check its specifications down on the page.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back