Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

basic circuit help

Status
Not open for further replies.

efiste2

Hi, its been a long time since i built basic circuits at college and recently my son has started a very basic circuit project in his junior school class, so i thought we would give him a head start, by showing him the basics ac/dc switches resistors etc etc, but i came across an LDR( light dependant resistor) in my bits and bobs box and we tried to build a simple "light that comes on when it gets dark circuit" with the LDR, an LED etc etc, but what i cant remember is that how we used to build this very basic circuit, so heres my first of probably mane newbie questions..... the resistance of the LDR goes up as the light fades and vica versa. obviousley this only allows the LED to come on in daylight etc etc, so how do i configure the LED and LDR to work correclty, the value of the LDR i have is ......in bright light the resistance is 1k and with no light the resistance is 20k :eek: :eek: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back