Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Resource icon

Basic 8051 tutorial 1 2014-04-14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian Rogers

User Extraordinaire
Forum Supporter
Most Helpful Member
Ian Rogers submitted a new article:

Basic 8051 tutorial 1 - Asm and C code on the 8051

The 8051 micro has been on the scene for a number of years now since the early 80's.

There are literally hundreds of derivatives.. Ti, Silicon, Atmel, Microchip, Cypress and many many more have come up with several products using this core..... I used Phillips personally. These chips came with a tight boot-loader... With a free program called “Flash Magic” you could simply write a program, compile or assemble to a hex file and flash magic puts it on the device through the serial port....

Read more about this article...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a final project to design an Automatic Bell System for School/Colleges. I dont know how to star. I am to use an AT89C2051 Microcontroller.

Start the same way you would with any large project. Here's a few easy pointers to get you started in the right direction:

Define your problems
Break your problems down into manageable parts
Come up with a decent workable idea of how to solve each part
Write and meticulously document your code snippet for each part and debug cycle until you are happy that it does exactly as you wish without fault
Slowly combine your parts and debug cycle again and again until you arrive at your final solution

Now there will likely be several other critical decisions you will need to make before you even get that far.
You will need to identify a target device that meets your requirements and come up with a schematic of what you plan to implement. Without that you will not know what inputs and outputs will be required for your design, nor what they are supposed to do.
How much experience do you have writing code? In which language? For example, C, Asm, Pascal or some form of Basic etc, these are only examples, but choose a language that you are most familiar with.
Find a compiler and other software tools that you identify as being required, that not only supports the device you will be programming, but the language you plan on writing the code in.

Nice introductory description Ian- comprehensive and succinct.

I wish to hell I could have read something like this way back when I was getting an idea about how microcontrollers, and specifically the 80xxx series, work.

spec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back