Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bargraph using LM3914

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xen

Hi guys,
I need a little circuit that will light up a 10 segment led bar depending on the voltage given to it. The voltage ranges from 1.1v to 1.8v, so obviously at 1.1v only the first led should light and at 1.8v or more, all leds should be lit. My only supply voltage is 12v (although this can rise to about 14v at times) and the bar graph i want to use is this... **broken link removed**
Ive done some research into this and found the LM3914 should do the job perfectly. The only problem being i dont know how to set the range from 1.1v to 1.8v and supply a 5v line for the LEDs (would a regulator do this ok?) the datasheet for the LM3914 is available here... www.national.com/pf/LM/LM3914.html

any help on this would be greatly appreichiated :)

Matt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back