Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Barcode Reader Using PICmicro

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrb011270

Hi,

I have been working on a PICmicro based barcode slot reader using 1022WM from Cipher Lab.

My concern is that the Pin-Out of the OEM module are:
1 - Power
2 - Signal
3 - Ground
4 - NC
5 - Good Read LED

How can I utilized Pin5? Can I directly connect it to an LED? or Do I need sa transistor?

I need your help if anybody has used this module.

Thanks

If you can't find a datasheet for the module, you should be able to simply measure it with a voltmeter - see if the voltage on the pin is high or low. Then swipe a barcode, and see if the pin changes - if it was low, and then goes high, it's positive logic - and an LED should be connected down to ground (possibly with a series resistor - depending on the module). If it's high, and then goes low, the LED should go to the +ve supply (negative logic).

There's also a possibility that the output is open collector, in which case further tests would be required - but I would suspect not, as it's intended to signal the processor of a valid read.

Hi,

I am planning to make a PICmicro Based Barcode Reader using the following:
1. 1022W or 1022WM barcode slot reader (TTL output)
2. PIC18F452 (using capcutre/compare module)
3. Barcode Symbology is Code39.

Does anybody who has made a project similar to this one? who can provide me pointers in making such a reader? I don't know if it is a good idea to use capture/compare module? Is there any alternative on this method.

Does anybody who have a code snippet in decoding the TTL output that might help in my design or can provide me of a link for information.

Thank you

rrb011270 said:
Hi,

I am planning to make a PICmicro Based Barcode Reader using the following:
1. 1022W or 1022WM barcode slot reader (TTL output)
2. PIC18F452 (using capcutre/compare module)
3. Barcode Symbology is Code39.

Does anybody who has made a project similar to this one? who can provide me pointers in making such a reader? I don't know if it is a good idea to use capture/compare module? Is there any alternative on this method.

It depends what the output actually consists of?. A quick google doesn't seem to provide much data on it? - as there's only one data pin, presumably it's some kind of asyncronous signal?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back