Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

barcode reader circuit(urgent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrutijain

hi friends...

i've started working on a project which aimed on designing a 'barcode reader'.....n aim this is d only i know about my project...cn any bdy plz help me on this..it shd be based on photodetector..i'l be very greatful...

it is very very urgent...

Show your schematic and code that you have done so far and people might be more inclined to help.

shrutijain said:
hi friends...

i've started working on a project which aimed on designing a 'barcode reader'.....n aim this is d only i know about my project...cn any bdy plz help me on this..it shd be based on photodetector..i'l be very greatful...

it is very very urgent...

Your keyboard appears to be broken, I'd urgently reccomend you get it repaired if you want people to understand you.

I don't get it... Where's the barcode emergency, supermarket, Walmart?

Must be a school project, as I've seen new ones in surplus for under $10. There is no way you are going to throw together something functional for anything near that. I am a little curious about what the guts to one looks like. Unfortunately, our new warehouse manager prefers to throw everything in the dumpster, rather then let the employees have the broken or obsolete. We have really cool ones on the forklifts, have about a 40 ft range...

HarveyH42 said:
We have really cool ones on the forklifts, have about a 40 ft range...

Those amaze me. To be able to acuratly read a barcode on a dirty label without even having to get off the forklift is pretty awsome. I'd like to know a little more about how they work.

I know the laser is more powerful then the basic pointer type. They seem to do a much better then the reader at a Wlmart checkout, and their's are almost touching the label.

Back to the thread...
I've never seen a project to build you own reader, and I look through a lot of gadget sites regularly.

The only thing I can think of is a encoder wheel with a phototransistor and a emitter. It cant read the black, but it can detect it through white. Good luck?

As the original poster has been banned, probably because he kept posting duplicate threads, (am I right Nigel?) there's no point of it continuing to exist.

One vote to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back