Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bandpass filter for EQlizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

going with op amps instead of transistors (posted scheametic somewhere on here?) this week.
Now can I substitute an LM837 in place of an LM741
referencing a scheamatic I found at https://www.uashem.com/pageid-431.html
use all the same caps, resistors etc but use an LM837 instead of LM741
WHY? the LM837 has 4 op amps instead of just one. Also lower noise?

The old 741 opamp is poor for audio.
It is noisy and has a max output response to only 9kHz.

The LM837, TL074 and OPA4134 quad opamps have low noise and a max output response to 100kHz and higher. They will be much better in this circuit.

Add a 100 ohm resistor in series with the output to prevent the output opamp from oscillating if it must drive the high capacitance of a shielded cable.

The Uashem site has every project that Electronics-Lab has including all the errors and even has my projects!

Thanks for the advice

Just need to finish scheamatic (power supply and bar/graph display using lm3915 and a peak dector circuit you recommended.
The scout I am helping w/ this project is really interested in electronics but needs to learn symbols etc.
Also needs to find out the wattage of the speakers he has. WAS planning on building a 65W per channel but the cost of the transformer isn't in his budget.
Suggested he look at an amp I found already assembled at APEX jr. website. $20 4 amp and $10 4 transformer=25 watts per channel and has jacks, volume control etc.
just needs an EQ and bargraph display.
I mentioned that tooo much amp output will cause him to buy new speakers. =MAGIC SMOKE
after I get done w/ scheamatic would it be ok to send to you for review (using expresspcb)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back