Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

band pass filter signal pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

not real sure what I am looking at but pics are of 2 different filters I plan on using for a stereo 10 band equalizer
Using TINA circuit simulation program
Need some help deciphering but THINK the top filter performs better?
note the diode/capacitor transistor circuit is to drive an led display

Attachments

• 2filter sig.GIF
    2filter sig.GIF
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,135
  • ac transfer.GIF
    ac transfer.GIF
    61.5 KB · Views: 389
The top circuit is a simple boost or cut bass tone control, not a bandpass filter. It has a peak detector with the diode.

The bottom circuit is a bandpass filter and you need at least 8 of them. it does not have a peak detector.

Attachments

• Baxandall tone controls.PNG
    Baxandall tone controls.PNG
    11 KB · Views: 2,718
I'm not sure but check with UAF42 (You can get free samples from TI) There you get every filter in single IC. You may have to have three of them cascaded.

Or else you can design your own one using lm324. Application note is attached.

Attachments

• Active Filter Design Techniques.pdf
    314.4 KB · Views: 315
the top circuit is supposed to be a filter. Found schematic that has 10 of the circuits but different values for the capacitors. valuesfrom 180nf to 360pf.
I will try and find the url.
my big problem is how to read the ossi scope or the siginal analzser graphs.
I want to verify at what frequency each filter operates at.
I only posted 1 of 10 filters.

Your first equalizer circuit has two resistors added that are not in my Bauxandall bass tone controls circuit so maybe it is a bandpass filter. It has the same amount of boost and cut which is good.

The second equalizer circuit allows each frequency band to be turned down to zero which is not good. There are many equalizer circuits that use the filters in the feedback of an opamp so that they produce equal amounts of boost and cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back