Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

band filter falls asleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

In the first 3 leds of this circuit i have a capacitor but if I let this circuit idle for half a minute or so those leds will stop flashing, will this happen on the bench too?

Based on the information provided, I believe this website is the best we can do.
**broken link removed**

Seriously, post your circuit :)

Last edited:
ohya.....circuit!

Attachments

• LC1.png
    LC1.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 172
I don't know what you are trying to do, but an LED will not work if it has a capacitor in series. An LED is a rectifier. The capacitor will charge up, and the LED will no longer conduct.
If you want the LEDs to be frequency-selective, use active filters, made with op amps and resistors and capacitors.

Last edited:
does that mean i should reverse bias the led?
I am trying to make a parallel bus for all my leds but i want to control them independently with different frequencies.....
also i am trying to keep it small on each led connection, minimal parts ,, ie each inductor

Your circuit is a complete nonsense, it cannot work in any sensible way.

Why dont you just tell us what you are trying to do?

JimB

like i said i want the led's in parallel, but control them individually, maybe there is a better way, but all i can think of is using pulse modulation.

in my diagram you can see I started with my capacitor low pass filter on the bottom led, then just above that is my high pass filter tests, in the top branch i have started to incorporate the cap and ind, to form a bandpass, obviously im going to need caps in each branch,

what about if I put 2 led's together reverse to each other? would that work?

what about if I put 2 led's together reverse to each other? would that work?
Two led's in reverse parallel would indeed conduct AC, at least the portion of the AC that is greater than the forward voltage of the LEDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back