Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Baird JO47 Stuck on Standby

Status
Not open for further replies.

tunedwolf

Hey guys,

I won a 47" Baird LCD...it's stuck on Standby(steady red LED). I have replaced all the crapxon caps in the power supply (Megmeet 199TL) and have all rails up, 5V, 5VMST, 12V, 24V. I've also checked all the sub supplies, 1.2V, 2.5V and 3.3V on the main/ signal board and all appears normal. The main board is not switching the supply on to the LVDS board, but I guess it only does that when running. I then checked for data/ clock on the firmware rom and it appears to be happily reading it. I have also quickly tested the inverters and both are working fine, as are the backlight lamps. I gave up in the end, figuring it had to be a firmware issue of some sort, but I managed to snag another main board used in the 42OR set, and a copy of the firmware for a 46" Vizio, which happens to use the same board, from my Russian pals, but still no joy.

I can program the firmware into the board if anyone has a copy to try with, just in case mine is actually corrupt. I have also decided to replace the power supply board, so I'm just waiting on that coming in, but I am doubtful that it will cure the standby issue.

Anyone got any other ideas what might be causing the standby issue?

I forgot to add that the main board is a Cultraview CV109H

Last edited:
Update:

Power board replaced, no change. I didn't think this would fix the problem as all the rails were up to start with.
Obtained a ver 3.0 main board, the original is ver 1.2, and temporarily fitted it. Set fires up fine and dtv tunes etc. The picture however is not brilliant as it was originally meant for a 32" set. The original firmware for the 47" doesn't work with the later board, so I guess they have changed the chipset in some way.
The conclusion to this is going to be a replacement ver 1.2 mainboard. If anyone has or knows where I can obtain a CV109H Ver 1.2 that's working, please let me know.

Somebody emailed me about the firmware but it was filtered. To answer your question, the way I program it is to remove the flash chip from the board, unprotect device array, erase, program and verify it and finally protect the device array again before refitting it back to the board. The programmer I use is a Xeltek, but any programmer capable of programming a Winbond 25X32 (4Mbit Flash) SOIC will do. There are also software tools available from M-Star/ Cultraview for Serial and USB upgrading etc, but the ver 1.2 board that I have doesn't have the USB socket on it, hence my pulling the chip to reprogram.

baird tv firmwre

i have the same problems with these sets, they seem to have the same issue as samsung touch control sets .Power supply goes faulty and corupts the eproms at least you can replace these and the set auto programs the eprom.

waiting for blank eproms to arrive and try to replace eprom cannot locate any service manuals or data on av board or power suppllyand will check if auto boot but doubtful this will work.

these boards are extreemly rare i am after the 109 h ver 2.0 no luck any where on line

I have various parts for these sets, including a CV109H Ver 2.0 board that I was going to stick up on the 'bay. These boards are rarer than rocking horse sh1t in good working order, I must have spent 6 months or more just gathering parts. I have tested it in both sets that I have here and it's working perfectly. I would be keeping it were it not for the fact that the sockets etc are physically in different locations and wont fit the backplane on the sets that I have.

Oh, and it's not the e2proms that get corrupted, it's the firmware flash that get's the treatment in my experience, leaving you with a seemingly dead/ stuck on standby set. Your board may in fact be ok, just needing re-flashed with the firmware.

If you need some further info on the board pm me with your email address and I'll send you what little I have :)

I'm going to Canada for 5 months, leaving the 19th of June, so if you want this board, let me know soon :)

Re: Baird 109 h ver 2.0 board

hi there would be interested in the 109 h board v2 how much do you want for it, and can you give a paypal address to pay for it you can email me direct at stanhope-electricals@virginmedia .com

REGARDS....ALAN....THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY

Na I lcd mvm screen 42 bord control cv119ma v3.0 need repair scheme no malfunction in the takeoff confined holidays from Bord CONTROL or computer

Last edited:
This is an old thread that has run its course, however, the CV119 board is not the same as the CV109 as was used in the Baird Jo47. You may find some luck on ebay for a replacement, as that board was used in even more cheap no name brands than the CV109 was. Be warned though, there are as many firmwares as there are boards, so make sure the board you get has your firmware in it or it simply won't work :)

Please help I need a dump flash memory for this board is not working permanently was conducted the necessary tests and found that they need to charge eprom
You very much
main board : cv119ma ver : 3.0

Hello
I have been unable to find a screen EEPROM her needy Damp

MVM Full HD 42 "LCD fulfilled
Maine Board cv119ma ver: 3.0
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back