Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bad wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last image in the crazy wireing part absolutly blows my mind, what on earth is it for?

It actually looks quite need and tidy compared to the others, all the cables are in conduit which is more than what could be said for the others.

Yes, but the sheer number of wires is staggering. Surely there has to be a better way of doing whatever it is those wire do! =)

The last image in the crazy wireing part absolutly blows my mind, what on earth is it for?

Could be a telecommunications backbone? I have seen smaller bundles of them cables used in large phone systems.

I would LOVE to have that bulk of wires going through my basement!!!!!!!!

Id hire a 8 yr old to untangle all those wires for a coke and a butterfinger candy bar...

Cool site. I recognized a couple of photos of street wiring in Thailand. I remember when I was there, and noticed the street wiring, and compared it (mentally) to the street wiring in Japan, where everything was very organized and neat.

Why is it that I cannot visit the page? Upon loading the page, it says "HTTP 500 Error. URL Request Filtered"

What does this mean?

Maybe it is your computer?

"HTTP 500 Error. URL Request Filtered"
It means either that your network provider (employer?) does not want you visiting that server, or that the owner of the website does not want to provide data to your IP address range.

Marks256 "Could be a telecommunications backbone" ?

It does look like it could be internal wiring inside a Telephone Office (Exchange).

The customers POTS* lines arrive at distribution blocks on a cross connect frame. Internal wiring runs from the cross connect to the switch unit/s. This is usually done using 100 pair cables but practices vary between administrations and providers.

There can be up to 10,000 pairs (10x10x10x10) per exchange code and there may be more than one switch unit in a city centre building.
The cable ways that these wires run along have to be of a very substantial and durable construction to hold the considerable weight of all those wires. The wiring won't be touched untill after the switch is decommissioned.

*POTS = Plain Old Telephone Service

i guess that's why they are/have invented wireless:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back