Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bad news for anybody in South Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay.slovak

Today, as I was searching through Microchips site, I found this announcement:
Microchip said:
Customers in South Africa: The sample site will no longer accept orders for South African destinations. For businesses in South Africa needing samples, please contact Info@tempetech.co.za or call 011 4520530.
Seems like somebody abused Sample system there :(

Joel Rainville said:
If anyone abuses the samples in Canada... :evil:

...well, I might cry :lol:
Same here, Samples are the only way how I can try-out the new, very $ devices (and if I damage them nothing happens).

how often can you get samples from them?

jrz126 said:
how often can you get samples from them?
Me? Not very often (usually one order per couple of months), just to learn new technology or when I found an interesting chip on the site.

What exactly does Sample system means???

If I'm rite then I think that here ppl send you sample about something and then you comment about it, am I rite???

I would like to know if I am wrong, what the heck is it???

Emantra said:

If I'm rite then I think that here ppl send you sample about something and then you comment about it, am I rite???

You get samples of a product to evaluate it.

I get small shampoo samples in the mail. I try them. If I like it, I might recommend it to my whole family. Microchip is hoping on the same.

In the case of South Africa, someone there probably tried to get all the shampoo samples and resell them online ;):lol:

This is the main reason, perhaps not for South Africa alone. People even sell the idea on EBay.

**broken link removed**

And a quote from the text in the above EBay link(in case you read this post in year 2006).

I'm offering a pdf file describing how to get up to 60 free PIC Microprocessors, brand new, never used and fully working.

You get to choose which PIC microprocessors you want from the 10, 12, 16 or 18 series, and in some cases which package you want your chosen Microprocessors in (DIP, SOIC, TQFP etc..)

It will only cost you £1 for 60 Microprocessors - don't waste money buying Microprocessors from eBay at £5 or even £10 - get them free!

I don't want to give away too much information in the listing but I’ve been using the technique described in the pdf file for just over a year now and it has never let me down.

Not convinced?

I have 100% positive feedback, i'd like to keep it that way - why would I jepodise my feedback rating to make less than £1?

I hate that! :evil: That's abuse of service, guys like that are the cause why some areas are banned from Microchip Sample system.

Yep thats how this gets closed for some countrys.

Since these peopole order from multiple acounts they can get qite a lot of this stuff.

The serivce will probobly open up agen after about 1 year.

Hiya Guy's,
Well it took me nearly 2 years to get registered with microchip for samples and I ordered some straight away which turned up in about 2 weeks :shock: , I've just ordered some more so hopefully Australia hasn't been cut off again :evil: . I'm pretty keen to try out those 16f88's as every store I've asked here in Adelaide hasn't heard of em their still selling the defunct 84a's :shock: well it is said Oz is 40 years behind the rest of the world.....

Cheers Bryan :D

Joel Rainville said:
Emantra said:

You get samples of a product to evaluate it.

I get small shampoo samples in the mail. I try them. If I like it, I might recommend it to my whole family. Microchip is hoping on the same.

In the case of South Africa, someone there probably tried to get all the shampoo samples and resell them online ;):lol:

That the nasty thing ppl do when they get something on free they try to gain a profit from that thing.:twisted:

Can you guys give me the like so that I can too become a registered user.

Hi Emantra,
Just go to the microchip Samples site and register. Hopefully it will easy as I said above it took me ages and a personel e-mail to get registered.

Couple of days ago I couldnt get on their site as they were working on it.

I had trouble registering online and sent an email with all the required information to OnlineSampleOrderSupport@microchip.com.
I got an email back in a few days and that was that.

YAY :D :D :D
My samples turned up today the microchip and allegro ones aswell as the Olimex ICD2 clone I got from Sparkfun. Not bad timing either only took 6 days for the ICD and 8 days for the chips. So looks like time to get back into the pic scene again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back