Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bad capacitors on 42lc7d LG LCD TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brkn42lc7d

I was wondering what are the best capacitors to use. I have a 42 inch LCD LG tv that the capacitors are bad on the power board. It has samwha capacitors right now. There are (4) bad 10v 2200mF 115•c bad ones and one 35v 1500mF 115•c capacitors. I was wondering what brand and where to get some with out having to order online? Also I was wondering what types are best for LCD TV's to last the longest.

You just need decent quality ones, 115 degree and preferably low-ESR.

Panasonic and Rubycon are usually decent ones.

The reason for the failure is almost always down to the use of cheap poor quality capacitors, with CapXon being a prime source of failure.

Nichicon is another popular brand. They had problems with some of their products back in the late 90's but now days they are up to the same performance as the other brands.

Another good brand is "Nippon Chemi-Con". Again, like Nichicon, they did have a few series of capacitors that were duds. :S

Also, don't go for them if they are listed as any of these with a low price! Lots of fakes out there, especially on ebay.

More specifically:
CAP GRADE: NICHICON CA,HE or PW or PM or PX
PANASONIC FC, FR or FM, Chemicon KXG, RUBYCON ZL, ZLH

Newark, Mouser, Digikey carry em. Also look at the lifetime spec vs the op temp. Every 10C temp cooler running doubles the lifetime spec. Try to increase the operating voltage spec eg. use 16V instead of 10v and 50V instead of 35v if space allows. A bigger cap runs cooler than a smaller unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back