Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

B&k Model 1476a 10 Mhz Two Channel Oscilloscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

be80be

B&K MODEL 1476A 10 MHZ TWO CHANNEL OSCILLOSCOPE Would this scope be a good starter for use with a pic 12fxxx and 16fxxx and 18fxxx

Can you get it super-cheap? I've been real disappointed with B&K stuff so far.

That one that's on there for twenty-five cents?

I would say that's a fine price. :)

B&K MODEL 1476A 10 MHZ TWO CHANNEL OSCILLOSCOPE Would this scope be a good starter for use with a pic 12fxxx and 16fxxx and 18fxxx
Just don't try an use it to check the 20Mhz oscillator on the PIC. :rolleyes:
To see a square wave properly on a scope, you need 5-10 times the bandwidth of the fundamental. ie: Don't try to analyze a square wave over 2Mhz with that scope.
Personally, I would try and find a scope with a BW of 100Mhz or more.

Thanks I was thinking I should get some thing faster what i have now I made a sound card scope it works but is limited but I know I need a real one now

B&K are cheap scopes, and 10MHz is almost useless. Hold off for at least 100 MHz BW scope. I picked up a good Tek scope for $200 at a swap meet.

What are you using this for? For what you listed, which is just microcontrollers, a Logic analyzer is much more useful. I keep thinking of getting a scope, but they have limited usefullness in digital electronics.

I was thinking about building the supper probe but then some one on there was taking about one called logic it has 8 probes that would work a lot better for what I do microcontrollers But i got me a scope a lot better 1 then what I posted

This seems a typical American attitude?.

Yes it is. Trying to look at a not-very-exotic .25µS pulse coming out of a microcontroller on a 10mhz scope, you have to expand the range, crank the brightness, turn off the room lights, squint...

Screw it. Get a better scope.

This seems a typical American attitude?
I got a 20mhz 1 now the only scope I have used is a winscope that use's the sound card of my pc it is slow but you could tell if a pin was going low to high thanks for all the input. I read the book with this scope and it said you could sample faster if you use ONE CHANNEL that the rating is for TWO CHANNEL can that be so?? Well any way I now get to use my probes I made for when I got me a real scope. Nigel all of us American's have attitude's now that we are broke.:D:D

Last edited:
I got a 20mhz 1 now the only scope I have used is a winscope that use's the sound card of my pc it is slow but you could tell if a pin was going low to high thanks for all the input. I read the book with this scope and it said you could sample faster if you use ONE CHANNEL that the rating is for TWO CHANNEL can that be so?? Well any way I now get to use my probes I made for when I got me a real scope. Nigel all of us American's have attitude's now that we are broke.:D:D
Two channel scopes have have two ADCs. In single channel mode, many scopes will take the unused ADC and interleave it's sampling with the other ADC to get double the sample rate. For these scopes, it is the single channel rate that is (almost) always advertised because it looks much better than the dual channel rate so you have to read the specs carefully and dig a bit deeper sometimes.

Other scopes keep each ADC dedicated to it's channel. So the sampling specs then are the same whether in single or dual channel mode. These scopes often point out that their sample rate is the actual sample rate regardless of single or dual channels, rather than the "half-truth" advertising of the above scopes.

Last edited:
Enjoy your scope. If you can, get another one exactly the same. Then you have a supply of spare parts that are getting harder to find. You also will always have at least one working scope all the time.

Well I got my scope in the mail today all 20 pounds of it set it up and couldn't get a a square wave play with it for 2 hours I thought i could use the probes i made for my winscope they load the scope up I made a new set 1x probes with a 10mohm resistor It
works like dream come true now got to make a new 10 x set.

Twenty pounds of electronics is good. A cathod ray tube scope is what i like, not the newer LCD ones. For some reason most people keep the probes when they sell their scopes on Ebay. I wonder what they do with them, they should be happy they sold the scope and include the probes with it. I hope you have alot of fun using your new scope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back