Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[b]Help! how to substitute?????[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hr2000

Hello, i´m new to this stuff and i´m building an fm micro-transmiter but i can´t found a capacitor, i woul like to know how to substitute this varible capacitos, it shoul ve 2.7 pf, capacitor but, can´t find any, this is the circuit, so u can give me some ideas, i hope so.
Thanks alot.
the circuit is in spanish, but the capacitor of 2.7 the instruccions said that should be variable to be able to chang the radio station where i want to hear

Attachments

• circuito_312.gif
    circuito_312.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 512
You can also tuning with coil, need only one time.But what happen when the phone ringing? (100V AC!) Definitely need some protection on DC side of bridge (zener) and a condenser.

The LED will act like a 1.5 or 2 volt zener, so that is OK. You can connect two caps in series to reduce the value, Ct=(C1*C2)/(C1+C2). One of the caps can be the variable one.

Say, this isn't a Lunch Box is it? Anyway, there are alot of online Capacitor Calculators (Need Java) that help a little for series/parallel capacitor networks. Typically, I try to avoid very large capacitor combinations where precision is needed because that increases your error. (It also decreases reliability, but this a much smaller concern).

Also--if it helps any-- alot of crystal radio kits contain variable caps that range from about 16pf to 365pf, depending on which band it's designed for.

Try 2 short pieces of thin plastic covered wire. Solder both in where the 2.7pF cap should be. Then twist the 2 together, more twists = more capacitance, an old idea, but works, when the desired freq is found, a drop of glue or similar holds it together. A trimmer is still better though.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back