Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AWG 30 Gauge Wire - United Kingdom , but where

Status
Not open for further replies.

likkle

Hi i dabble a bit in Playstation 2 and Xbox Modchipping

But im having to buy this wire at £3.50 for 5MEtres of it and proved really expensive

Ive tried maplins who the guy at the counter sed RS should have it , and suprise they did! .But i need to hold a valid trade account (which i dont)

Any reccomendations where to get this wire ,i was suprised that maplin didnt have it!

Thankyou
Lik

likkle said:
Hi i dabble a bit in Playstation 2 and Xbox Modchipping

But im having to buy this wire at £3.50 for 5MEtres of it and proved really expensive

Ive tried maplins who the guy at the counter sed RS should have it , and suprise they did! .But i need to hold a valid trade account (which i dont)

You don't need an account with RS (you used to, but not for a good while now), they accept credit card orders from their website at http://rswww.com.

I know nothing about PS and xbox, but I ask myself why do you need specifically AWG30? would AWG28 not do? (this is extremely easy to come by, as almost all computer cables are awg28 - old IDE cables are awg28 and are usually made up of 40 individualy sleeved wires...)

maybe awg28 won't do (admittedly IDE cables are only about 2 feet long) - it was just a thought

Tim

Ive always used 30 and got used to it :p just finding it very expensive . i will get it from there then the guy at maplins sed i needed an trade account

pfff ;) thanks i will register now

of cause they would. Put you off going to the cheaper place so they get your custom.

Maplin is very expensive. I always go for Farnell and if pushed RS - Farnell cheaper, better range and better quality

try JAB electronics just send them an email for wire componets
if they have got them will send a price
maz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back