AWG 30 Gauge Wire - United Kingdom , but where

Status
Not open for further replies.

likkle

Hi i dabble a bit in Playstation 2 and Xbox Modchipping

But im having to buy this wire at £3.50 for 5MEtres of it and proved really expensive

Ive tried maplins who the guy at the counter sed RS should have it , and suprise they did! .But i need to hold a valid trade account (which i dont)

Any reccomendations where to get this wire ,i was suprised that maplin didnt have it!

Thankyou
Lik

You don't need an account with RS (you used to, but not for a good while now), they accept credit card orders from their website at http://rswww.com.

I know nothing about PS and xbox, but I ask myself why do you need specifically AWG30? would AWG28 not do? (this is extremely easy to come by, as almost all computer cables are awg28 - old IDE cables are awg28 and are usually made up of 40 individualy sleeved wires...)

maybe awg28 won't do (admittedly IDE cables are only about 2 feet long) - it was just a thought

Tim

Ive always used 30 and got used to it just finding it very expensive . i will get it from there then the guy at maplins sed i needed an trade account

pfff thanks i will register now

of cause they would. Put you off going to the cheaper place so they get your custom.

Maplin is very expensive. I always go for Farnell and if pushed RS - Farnell cheaper, better range and better quality

try JAB electronics just send them an email for wire componets
if they have got them will send a price
maz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…