Awesome Amp unfortunately not so Clear!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rag's

Can anyone Explain me hw a transistor amplifies a signal??Like i don wan in terms of all those jargons like beta n so on..I ll be happy if u explain it more basically in terms of electron motion..Hw do v tap that amplified signal??And everythin if u don mind

Basically you have a small signal you want to be larger. So you need a higher powered transistor (amp) that already has the larger current and voltage set up but it is DC only. When you apply your smaller signal to the base of the amplifier it will cause the higher powered amp to vary according to the control signal on the base.

In a CE confg,u apply a small signal in the range of uV..This implies that a few more electrons r injected (during the -ve half of the signal)into the emitter..By the constn of a transistor v.few recombine at the base..So the rem goes to the collector...So where does the signal get amplified??

Well in a way it's not really amplified. Look at it like this. You have a high power amplifier all set up but only DC is being produced from it. But when you apply the signal to the base it now causes the DC output of the higher powered amplifier to vary accordingly to the control signal on the base. So actually it is copying the signal but is set up at a higher power level.

Does that make sense?

The small base current controls the collector current. A small change in the base current, via an AC input signal will cause a large change in the output current. So you can think in terms of current being amplified, if that helps.

The title of the post says that an amplifier's output is not clear.
So either the amplifier is designed wrong or it is broken.

Post the schematic so we can see if it is designed properly and so we can recommend measurements that will show what is broken.

I took "...not so clear" to mean he didn't understand the operation of the device.

Hey DMW n audioguru,
MIND UR WORDS..Try helping and not mocking..

If you wish to be taken seriously, try typing out full sentences and words as opposed to n for and, ur for you're, d for the, etc...

Last edited:
If you wish to be taken seriously, try typing out full sentences and words as opposed to n for and, ur for you're, d for the, etc...

I agree. If you can't be bothered to take the time to spell entire words, why would you think anybody else would take the time to respond?

You can't expect to just appear on a forum and impress people without bothering to learn the local culture. Here, that means no txt speak (you DID read the stickies, right?) and trying to present clear ideas so that people don't have to guess what you might mean.

We will try our best to help on questions that are understandable. Hoping that we can guess what you might mean and provide you with any useful information is unrealistic. A lot of information is involved so guessing is not useful.

Torben

P.S. As far as saying "MIND YOUR WORDS" on an Internet forum, what does that actually mean? How do you propose to back up your implied threat? "Mind your words" or what, exactly? Are you going to hunt these guys down or something? Or are you just putting on a pointless display?

Hey DMW n audioguru,
MIND UR WORDS..Try helping and not mocking..

how about you try helping us by typing a coherent sentence that's is at least spelt 50% right for once.

obviously your not foreign as surely then you would take even more care over spelling, and just to check i went on google and did a french to English conversion of "vouloir"
and, surprisingly it came out "want", not as i quote from you "wan", which means either wide area network or "Pale, sickly-looking; Dim, faint; Bland, uninterested".

i could go on but is it so hard to use a online spell checker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…