Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

avr mac programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

samarsingla

hi all,
I just built a parallel port cable for programming my avr and it works fine... i just got an ibook and would like to make a usb programmer for it. please someone give some idea how to build one or any beginners link..
thanx

'Beginner' and 'USB' don't really go together, USB is far too complicated.

But essentially you have three problems:

1) Programming USB on the ibook.

2) Programming USB communication on the programmer.

3) Programming the micro-controller on the programmer to actually program the chip - generally you require a micro-controller to do the programming, the USB merely transfers the data to and from that.

Can't help you with AVR specifics though, never used them or even seen one.

samarsingla said:
thanx for the reply. seems i have a lot to do...

Yes, generally MAC's aren't used much for hardware applications, and their early adoption of USB only only reinforced that - if you search MAC sites you might find something about it?, but it's even rarer than LINUX programmer applications.

Hello,

Yes, generally MAC's aren't used much for hardware applications, and their early adoption of USB only only reinforced that - if you search MAC sites you might find something about it?, but it's even rarer than LINUX programmer applications.

Ha, ha, for many years I stuck with Mac, always frustrated. I finally gave in and got a windows box to do what I wanted. Mac has improved since OSX, it is a lot better, however there is still little support.

On the other hand, I do know of one site which may be of some help:
**broken link removed**

Best wishes,
Robert

PS I know this is for Atmel ARM but it may help you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back