Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Avoid diodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiger555

Hi,

I am looking for a chip that will avoid the diodes. I have a -1V always from the op amp. and when there is a pulse i will get 1v. What I want is avoid the -1V and make it 0 or GND and when pulse to 1V. So I used a Diode, but there is a drop!! So I am looking for a chip which can do this avoiding diode.

Circuit Simulator Applet

I read abt ULN 2001-4 Darlington Array, but in that I have to make another 1V and transistors to pull down to gnd..

any good chip??

Thanks in advance..

Hi,
I have the similar for 8 diff circuits.. I.E this is only 1 circuit... i have 8 of the same.. then i need to take the sum... so a separator is needed... well.. something else??

Hello,

If i understand you right you need a diode but cant afford the voltage drop. A while back a device made by Linear Tech came up in discussion which provides an IC chip that acts like a diode but doesnt have as much voltage drop. Maybe someone else here can remember the part number, or you can look it up on the Linear Tech site.

thanks... I am looking for something like that... I will give a search... the other thing i found is  UC3611 from Texas Ins, called Shottkey Array.. but that is a type of diode the drop is half the normal diode..

thanks..

Use the op connected as a precision rectifier such as this (Figure 3). That way the diode drop is reduced by the open-loop gain of the op amp to essentially zero.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back