Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Aviation Microphone PC Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairchildbrad

Greetings,

I am thinking about making a built in adapter for my aviation headset so that I can use it with my PC without the external battery powered amplifier that I have now. The trouble is that the PC power supply is 3.3v, 5v, and 12v and the diagram that I used to make my external adapter is based on a 9v battery. My experience and knowledge is very limited when it comes to designing circuits so any help with making this circuit would be greatly appreciated. In addition, I would like to make a standard size mic (unamplified) and out port coming off the same circuit.

The diagram I have:
**broken link removed**

The voltage and resistor is just to provide bias power to the microphone element. You could use a 12 volt source and just scale the resistor to 600 ohms.

Lefty

Brad,

Thank you for posting the schematic provided by David Clark. I have always wanted to connect my extremely quiet David Clark 13.4 aviation headset to my Icom 756PROII 'ham' transceiver.

May I impose with a question please? Is there something I can do to better match the the 600 ohm headphone speaker elements to the low impedence "phone" jack output on my transceiver? I'm just not getting very good volume on the headphones.

Regards, Tailwinds, Mike

Mike said:
Is there something I can do to better match the the 600 ohm headphone speaker elements to the low impedence "phone" jack output on my transceiver? I'm just not getting very good volume on the headphones.
To increase the signal level then amplify it.
There are plenty of amplifier projects for headphones if you do a search in Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back