Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AVC LAN Data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tblo163

I've installed a Toyota cd/radio in my Volvo,I like the double Din unit & the big buttons & display.The sound quality is excellent & it will play any CD that I throw at it.However it will not control the 6 disc changer(which is the compatible unit) I understand that these units communicate via LAN data,What I need to know,is the interface built in the HU,or is it neccessary to introduce it via the TX+ & TX- terminals with some kind of LAN driver or interface?The only thing the changer does,is load the 1st cd or eject the cartridge (which only requires Batt+ to do this. Any suggestions WELCOME.

Attachments

• PANASONIC CQ-TS7170L.pdf
    7 MB · Views: 3,617
There's no specs in that data sheet describing anything about the CD changer interface, you'd have to find information from the manufactor about the signal levels and the protocol, I'm doubting there are industry wide standards for this kind of thing. It's probably some very simple serial data. But seeing as how it doesn't currently work you can't reverse engineer it yourself. So you're dead in the water unless some other user here happens to have this bit of information tucked away in their noggin.
Have you tried to search google for how your patricular CD changer protocol works?

O.K. Thanks for that, I thought there would be problems finding info,it must be there somewhere,I'll just keep looking.Thinking logicaly,if you have a head unit & compatible changer,then they should work?(Toyota wiring diagrams are rubbish,while Panasonic's are excellent).Terry

Good luck, it never hurts to shoot an e-mail off to the maker either, every now and then you'll get lucky and actually get useful information back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back