Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AV cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodneyB

I am trying to run a video cable to a projector from a dvd. The cable run is about 40 meters. I ran a 0.22 mm cable to see if this is possible. Unfortunately all that happened was the Projector displayed processing signal , cant find signal continuously.

Is it possible to run a video cable over this distance? I cant understand why mine does not work!

You have the problem because a DVD player or AV device is designed to drive only 1m of cable. The cable has capacitance and a longer length kills video and high audio frequencies. A distribution amplifier can drive a fairly long cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back