Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Auxiliary Power supply - Inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-ann Perez

Do I really need to put a transformer on my auxiliary power supply? my input and output voltage are both dc anyway. I just saw an auxiliary power supply for an inverter and it uses a transformer, and dedicated winding for each Power supply, what is the transformer for?

You told us nothing about your "auxiliary" power supply. You did not say its input and output voltages or current and what you use it to power.
A transformer is used to change one AC voltage to another or the same AC voltage and also can be used for isolation.

You told us nothing about your "auxiliary" power supply. You did not say its input and output voltages or current and what you use it to power.
A transformer is used to change one AC voltage to another or the same AC voltage and also can be used for isolation.
What, your crystal ball not working? I thought it was just me who did not make sense of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back