Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automotive unused audio controls how would you approach this

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedro66

Hi All

First post but been reading all the great info here for a while.

Anyway my question is that on my Honda motorcycle I have an audio system it has room for expansion such as a CD changer.

Now I don't want to add a changer I just want to use a couple of the controls for other items, ordinarily I would just disconnect the existing wire off the switch and rewire it for my use, unfortunately because of the way it is wired and the way the existing audio system works I cannot do this.

What I need to do is find a way to tap off these switches while retaining the existing use/circuit and not feed anything back to the existing system.

So what I need to do is end up with is a voltage free open/close contact from these switches which are monetary SPDT.

Thanks For Any Ideas In Advance

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back