Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automotive relay pin numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMoffett

Any info on the odd (in my opinion) scheme of numbering the pins on cube automotive relays?...30, 85, 86, 87, and 87a. Google didn't get me anywhere. Not what each pin # does...but why that number sequence. Just curious.

Ken

Last edited:
Any info on the odd (in my opinion) scheme of numbering the pins on cube automotive relays?...30, 85, 86, 87, and 87a. Google didn't get me anywhere. Not what each pin # does...but why that number sequence. Just curious.

Ken

hi Ken

Look at this link, its 'describes' the odd ball numbers.

Relays

EDIT:
The relay numbers refer to the vehicles wiring loom coded numbers.

Last edited:
EDIT:
The relay numbers refer to the vehicles wiring loom coded numbers.

That's what I figured, but I can find no references to how or why it's organized that way.

ken

I don't know how much truth there is to it, but I was told years and years ago that like ericgibbs said it was do to car wiring loom points. Supposed to be originating with Volkswagon. I was told this by a design engineer where I worked, Packard Electric, GM,s wire/electrical division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back