Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automotive LED parking/signal light

Status
Not open for further replies.

moocowman

I want to use an array of up to 150 LEDs for automotive brake and signal lights. I've searched online for anyone who might sell such a circuit, but no luck. The array of LEDs will be full brightness when brake or signal is applied and dim to 1/3 brightness when in parking light mode.

I thought about building some kind circuit myself if I could find a simple schematic, but everything seems too complicated for me because... I'm not very smart. Does anyone know of a place where I can purchase such a circuit or can anyone here build such a circuit for me for a price? I'll need 6 of them.

I'd like some flexibility because two of the lights will use about 150 LEDs, two will use about 75 LEDs and two will use ten LEDs.

Many thanks!

Parking lights? What're they for? Don't you have street lights?

Over here, we have "daytime running lights" which is only the headlights on but dimmed. The beaurocrats planned it so that only the big trucks (lorries?) and SUVs (Land Rovers?) use high-beam that blind all ordinary smaller car drivers. The smaller cars use low-beam and still can be seen. Great planning.

My city has changed all the traffic lights to LEDs. At night they light the whole intersection and cause complaints from people living nearby. They use about 30 LEDs.
Good luck with your umpteen-dozen LEDs. Why so many?

are you using your car for disco lights? :?
One ultrabright led can be seen from up to 3 miles away if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back