Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

automation of lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishin_fl

I found another forum in here talking about dc motor reversing but lost it. I am working on a small project. Running a 90vdc motor with controller off a computer using control relays. I have the operation functioning with a DPDT switch. I want to be able to start my computer energizing a 3.3v or 12v control relay. Which will send my lift up til it hits a switch. When that switch is mated it signals another relay to complete the down motion of the lift when the computer is turned off. In the last operation I was wanting to put a digital timer for about 1 minute to verify that I have not just reset computer. I have drawn a drawing of my setup I would like but just dont know how to wire relays and switches to make this happen. Any help would be awesome. The drawing was done in word. Might have to zoom in on picture document.

Attachments

• lift diagram.doc
    103 KB · Views: 149
In the last operation I was wanting to put a digital timer for about 1 minute to verify that I have not just reset computer.
Is this a 1 minute delay before the down movement after the computer is turned off?

IE;
Computer on - move up to limit switch.
If computer is off longer than 1 minute - move down to limit switch.

Is this right?

Andy

Exactly how do you plan to interface the computer (PC) with your external hardware like motor controller, limit switches etc. ?

Ron

Is the image supposed to look like this?

I just keep saying: Please don't post doc files. Instead, use PNG or pdf formats. Image in doc files looks like mess in Libre Office.

When you upload as doc, you exclude users that doesn't have ms office from reading your document.

When drawing small sketches, use t.ex Inkscape instead. It's free ogf charge and can output PNG images that everybody can read.

Thanks for attention :)

Attachments

• Kroll.png
    Kroll.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 134
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back