Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automatic Voltage Regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimper129

Hi,

Could any body give me detail theroy and circuit diagram for "2000 Watt Automatic Voltage (AC) Stabilizer 220volts" please.

Thanks

Adnan

Whilst we enjoy helping people; in order to help you we need to know how far you've progressed. Please post what you've already done, including any ideas you've had. If you need help that your lecturer should have provided, please tell us (and your lecturer) what you found was lacking. It is not right if you manage to attain a high grade from the help we have provided if your lecturer is negligent; it will make them appear to be better than they really are and put you at an unfair advantage to your classmates.

It also would help us to know more about your education, geographical location and experience with the English language.

The mains voltage in my home has a minimum of 119VAC and has a maximum of 121VAC.
My electrical utility company regulates its voltage so I don't need to worry about it.

My guess is he is talking about this: **broken link removed** $1500!!! Check out the quote from the customer on that page. Hilarious.

IMHO, this is a complete ripoff for 99.9% of the customers that get sold it. If your power is THAT bad, you've got worse problems than getting your home theater working well. But unscruplous dealers sell it with the line "you've just spent $15000 on a home theater, are you going take a risk that a power surge won't happen??? It's cheap insurance".

By the way, I love the gratuitious use of "automatic" in the name. Guess it's to distinguish it from a manual voltage stabilizer.

That would be a variac, you pay some idiot to sit there with a multimeter and continuously twiddle the knob to maintain the output voltage at the appropriate level.

Saturating power transformer AC voltage stabilizers have been available for decades. Google "Sola power transformer".

philba said:
My guess is he is talking about this: **broken link removed** $1500!!! Check out the quote from the customer on that page. Hilarious.

IMHO, this is a complete ripoff for 99.9% of the customers that get sold it. If your power is THAT bad, you've got worse problems than getting your home theater working well. But unscruplous dealers sell it with the line "you've just spent $15000 on a home theater, are you going take a risk that a power surge won't happen??? It's cheap insurance".

By the way, I love the gratuitious use of "automatic" in the name. Guess it's to distinguish it from a manual voltage stabilizer.

A similar topic has already been covered recently.

Perhaps I could design and market a 'clean' generator'. Well it all has to start with suitably clean and pure prime mover ...

I have made a model which is rated upto 3,000Watts. It is priced at only £9,000, at this price you cannot afford to buy one !!

Here is a picture:
**broken link removed**

Don't make me say something politically incorrect!

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back