Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automatic Pool-pump switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

collardgreens

Hello I am new to electronic circuits, PIC and such. I haven't had a lot of time to read throught the posts but would appreciate a point in the right direction. I have a pump i want to run water in and out of the pool for heating. I bought and automatic timer switch with 24 settings a day. However that it only kicks on and off every hour. I want to know if it is possible to operate a switch with a computer or laptop to run the pump say,.. every 15 minutes for 2 minutes. There is not a switch i can buy with such increments. Am I in the right place to research such a thing? :confused:

Thank You

I think you will find the necessary switch and remote control hardware at smarthome.com. For example, here is one type of remote controllable switch that seems suitable for small motors/pumps:
**broken link removed**

and there are many timer products that they offer to control this switch from simple tabletop ones to computer interfaces and windows software.

RE Pool switch

You can buy an adjustable timer switch in which you can program the ON time and OFF time independantly ........... That will solve your problem i believe. If you dint get that stuff ,,, go for a simple PLC .... KEYNCE..

Thanks

collardgreens said:
Hello I am new to electronic circuits, PIC and such. I haven't had a lot of time to read throught the posts but would appreciate a point in the right direction. I have a pump i want to run water in and out of the pool for heating. I bought and automatic timer switch with 24 settings a day. However that it only kicks on and off every hour. I want to know if it is possible to operate a switch with a computer or laptop to run the pump say,.. every 15 minutes for 2 minutes. There is not a switch i can buy with such increments. Am I in the right place to research such a thing? :confused:

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back