Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

automatic pill dispenser

Status
Not open for further replies.

lins2050

I need please a name of one microcontroller with the following features:
- memory
-output signal to a display (LCD)
-output signal to speaker
-output signal to motor ( I don't know between stepper motor or servos motor which is appropriate?)
-PWM (puls width modulation) feature for stepper motor.

thanks

PIC Microcontroller. Those requirements if not already included in hardware can be easily handled in software on a microcontroller. Speaker output would be the exception, for that you need an amp in one form or another. Can't recall ever seeing a uC with a built in audio amp capable of any meaningful speaker output.

thanks

Hi LTX71CM, I am not experienced in electronics components and circuits, thank you for your advices.

and yet a few kids learning to make sounds on speaker hooked directly to a PIC is enough to drive me out of the room.

Well, yea, it can be done. It certainly works with piezo buzzers and speakers also. However I have no clue if the OP was referring to multi-watt audio output or simply sounds at any power. My answer was geared toward the former.

TI's MSP430Fxxx is ideal for this application. Their product is very good at ultra low power operation where the application is keeping time (a clock/alarm, for example. I have a sample here of a time, temperature, barometer fob which I got at a seminar in 2003 that is still running off a CR2032 coin cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back