Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automatic Lamp Brightness adjuster using an LDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

slyronit

I need to make an automatic lamp brightness adjuster using an LDR for my mini project this year. I need a lamp to work on 230V AC or a DC supply and the brightness should adjust itself automatically according to the light which falls on the LDR. I would be grateful if someone can provide the necessary details and circuit diagrams or a link to a site which has the same.

Thanx

We are not into doing the work for you and if you copy something off the web, what did you learn? It is a straight forward problem except for the AC/ DC requirement, but if you put your mind to it, I am sure you can figure it out (think bridge rectifier). Work up a schematic and post it here; we will help you get it right.

look up phase control ... basicly you turn your light on at diferent points in the AC cycle ... ajusting the brightness.

i did i similar project a while ago.
you'll need a triac for the AC, try using 12 or 24 v AC halogen lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back