Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

automatic grease gun help

Status
Not open for further replies.

greffard10

Hey, i wanna mount a electronic grease gun on my machine but i want to make it so it pushes the grease out automatically. Like use an actuator on a timed system so it pushes the trigger every 30 seconds. I have no experience on this so i really need help or if anyone could give me contacts to someone that could help me
Thanks

The auto greasing systems are made for this very purpose, and are able to be set to deliver grease a required intervals.
There is air operated ones and electric operated ones.

If you have air on your machine than a air operated grease gun could be easy to convert to auto operation. (timer and 2 solenoids)

Grease every 30 seconds would require buckets of grease a day.

It helps when you list a location in your profile, so we know where you are in this wide world, to offer where you might find help.

Pete.

There's no air hook up and the system will only run like 6 days a year. That's why I wanna make it my self
From Edmonton alberta canada

You can car windscreen wiper motors with a built in rotary switch, each time you connect power to it, it does one slow revolution and stops.

Then attach it to a threaded rod, so every time it rotates it pushes the rod 1mm or so. Then any simple electronic timer to control how often it runs.

(edit) I just realised you could use any standard trigger-style grease gun and every time the motor rotates it bumps the trigger lever (which has its own ratchet in the gun anyway).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back