Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automated Noise Floor Correction Facility (for use in club environment)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This idea is not new. Cancelling sound by feeding back the 180 phase has been around for awhile. The software is the whole challenge here.

When I worked with boardroom tele-conferencing equipment, it used DSP as a digital echo canceller to make a model of the reflections and phases in a room to stop sounds from the speakers from being transmitted back to the other end where they came from.
It tried to make "full duplex" but frequently cheated by using some attenuation when the equipment was receiving and transmitting simultaneously.

The DSP varied the model of the room slightly when a door opened or when somebody moved.

Maybe DSP could be used here to cancel the music that is picked up by the microphone so that it could sense noises.

This idea is not new. Cancelling sound by feeding back the 180 phase has been around for awhile. The software is the whole challenge here.

Thats awesome then, i can redesign the orginals in my own style and for my own purposes, and i also dont want to use software (even tho im increasingly becoming to see its the easiest choice)
Cheers guys

Last edited:
When I worked with boardroom tele-conferencing equipment, it used DSP as a digital echo canceller to make a model of the reflections and phases in a room to stop sounds from the speakers from being transmitted back to the other end where they came from.
It tried to make "full duplex" but frequently cheated by using some attenuation when the equipment was receiving and transmitting simultaneously.

The DSP varied the model of the room slightly when a door opened or when somebody moved.

Maybe DSP could be used here to cancel the music that is picked up by the microphone so that it could sense noises.

Thats really interesting, id like to go into a carrear around your line of work, you hiring :p?
But seriously, what does dsp stand for, digital signal processing?

Last edited:
Thats really interesting, id like to go into a carrear around your line of work, you hiring :p?
I left a nice job designing sound systems and joined a new tele-conferencing company.
The new company manufactured pretty good conference bridges that handled hundreds of telephone lines to make telephone-conferences and had many pretty young operators to arrange the conferences and later video conferences. I designed and made audio equalizers and video amplifiers and did many conferencing jobs.
They were growing quickly so I bought their stocks at an employees discount and they increased their value very high. Then a large telephone company bought the new company and I was forced to sell my stocks and take my huge profit (Goodie!).
But the new management were horrible and new products didn't work so I left for another new job. Then they went bankrupt.

But seriously, what does dsp stand for, digital signal processing?
Yes.

I dont fully understand how id use dsp in a circuit, do u mean butterworth filters? 1st, 2nd order all that cuffufle?

Last edited:
The DSP makes a very complicated model of many frequencies, phases and delays of all sounds then cancels them. The DSP first needs to be "trained" to the room with pink noise then it actively changes its model if conditions in the room change a little.
If the conditions in the room change a lot (many people leave the room) then the DSP goes beserk and software is needed to stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back