Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automated Hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

datsabk

I have a project in mind but cant exactly get to know if i could sense the same or not.I need a neurologist's help I think but anyways I expect help from here too.
Well,I think how awesome would it be if one could design a robotic arm which could sense the impulses from a person's hand or rather the part above the arm and accordingly move it.In short I wish to make a robotic arm with which a person without an actual arm could work as normal as a person with arm.
I wish to know if there are actually such sensor which could sense the micro-electric impulses in the hand or from mind for the same??....I expect replies on

Last edited by a moderator:
A neurophysiologist (i.e., someone who studies the way nerves work) is probably your best help. Nerves can easily be stimulated by electrical impulses, as you apparently know. To monitor impulses in nerves and interpret what is being sensed is extremely difficult, particularly with the precision you would need to operate a mechanical hand.

You may want to search on detecting afferent nerve impulses. Here is one hit with several references in it: https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Roth...ch+for+measuring+sensory+neural+...-a08012745

John

datsabk,
1: You may want to remove your email addresses from your post. Spy bots scan forums and will find them and will spam you.
2: Forums are to share questions and answers, not to have answers sent privately to you. Look for responses here.
Ken

have you had a look at https://www.touchbionics.com/i-LIMB Only $70-100k a pop IIRC.

You may be able to use an ECG sensor like **broken link removed** to pick up the muscle signals; may need to change the filter cutoff & amplifier gain, and probably connect the electrodes to your arm (not your nipples as shown in the link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back